It is a core Arcade value to always pull others up behind you. A key way we live this value every day is through our Mentoring program.
Our mentoring process begins with establishing trust and rapport with our clients and gaining a strong understanding of their Keys and Obstacles. Over a short period of time we begin to identify personal goals and areas of improvement. We have frequent and frank conversations to identify challenges and discover new learning topics along the way, unique to each interaction.
Mentoring can be extremely helpful to new employees, team members new to their position, or seasoned veterans looking for a reset. Regardless of your title or amount of grey hair, Arcade can help improve your process.
We start by analyzing the employee’s job description (and help you to draft one, if need be.) Item by item, we ensure that your team member knows how to meet every responsibility listed. Here are a few skills we regularly assist employees in mastering:
- Generate submittal packages and mark up project drawings
- Read and understand plans and specifications
- Read and understand contracts and other essential project documents
- Confirm complete scope of work
- Draft Requests for Information
- Secure project permits
- Coordinate Inspections
- Manage material procurement
- Recognize and flag cost and schedule impacts when they occur
- Manage Change Order Process
- Generate and evaluate Value Engineering options
- Generate and issue Close out documentation
- Understand industry standard terms and language
- Manage other important aspects of projects, including site review, site logistics and manpower coordination
Our goal is to pull others up behind us every day.
Project coaching involves working with your project team through the full life cycle of a project. From receipt of contract through closeout and warranty, we provide navigational support and guidance along the way. While increased profit is a benefit of project coaching, the true focus of our efforts is to help educate your teams in real time how to make profitability and success predictable and repeatable.
This coaching option has a distinctly different approach from the mentoring program. The focus of this process is centered around one (or several) specific projects that your organization is managing. We provide weekly and on-call support to address issues in real-time related to your projects, acting as a virtual Senior Project Manager on the project.
Ideal projects meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Projects over a certain dollar amount (larger than average)
- Projects with an accelerated or compressed schedule
- Projects outside of the normal operation of your organization
- Projects (or clients) your organization has performed poorly on in the past
We perform the following steps at a minimum on a weekly basis until completion of the project:
- Upon notice of award and receipt of the subcontract, we review these documents against the base proposal and draft a response to the customer.
- Perform internal kick off meeting to include work plan review and risk log generation.
- Define necessary list of design clarifications and oversee submission to customer.
- Review generation of submittals and internal project schedule with a focus on long lead items.
- Identify changed conditions and track obstructions, keeping the customer apprised and keeping risk low.
- Monitor current methods for tracking work in process and adjust as necessary.
- Perform site walks as necessary to evaluate real time safety practices.
- Support and advocate any dispute issue that may arise.
- Ensure prompt close out of project to meet contract requirements.
- Oversee project wrap up meeting with team to evaluate lessons learned and memorialize with your team for future use.
Our focus is always on strengthening your team at every step so they are more capable after project we support.